Accommodation Prices 2020
We have held our general tariff at 2019 rates but there are some minor alterations for 2020. Special rates and restrictions may apply during certain periods. We try to keep our rates as simple to understand as possible by charging per room (with 2 persons sharing). We offer lower rates for longer visits and special discounts too. Please note we are currently only able to accept payment by cash or cheque or 'Faster Payments' (internet bank transfer). Please ask for details. Overseas visitors can pay their deposit via 'PayPal'. There is a cash machine at the garage at the bottom of our road and at the Coop store in town.
Please make cheques payable to "Gillian McKever"
Main Tariff from 1st January 2020
|Room 1 Bed & Breakfast
Superking Double or twin-bedded room
|1, 2 or 3 nights||4 nights or more|
|Room Rate - 2 people sharing||£80 per night||£75 per night|
|Room 2 Bed & Breakfast
Standard Double room
|1, 2 or 3 nights||4 nights or more|
|Room Rate - 2 people sharing||£70 per night||£66 per night|
|Room 1 - Extra Persons sharing (adult)||£33 per person (max 2 persons)|
|Room 1 - Extra Persons sharing (Child 5 to 12)||£28 per person (max 2 persons)|
|Room 1 - Single Occupancy discount||£10 per night|
|Room 2 - Single Occupancy discount||£10 per night|
Children: We welcome well behaved children but we do not provide special facilities for children under five. Children can share with their parents in room 1 at a reduced rate.
Pets: We do not allow pets in the house. Please make alternative arrangements for their accommodation.
Smoking: We do not allow smoking anywhere in the house.
Vegans & vegetarians: We specially welcome vegans & vegetarians and have full breakfast menus to meet your dietary requirements. However, we are not an exclusively vegan/vegetarian establishment. Other guests may be eating meat and there are animal-based products in the house.
Noise: We do not allow excessive noise. Guests are expected to be considerate to the needs of other guests and the proprietors.
Security: Machynlleth has a reputation as a low crime area but guests are reminded to take sensible precautions to keep their property safe. Guests park their cars on our property at their own risk in accordance with the notice on display. Bikes can be stored overnight in our garage also at their owner's risk.
WiFi: Guests can normally use their smart phones here. For guests wishing to use our WiFi service bookings are taken on the understanding that you have agreed to our 'Public WiFi Terms and Conditions'. You will be asked to sign to confirm this before using the service. See our WiFi Terms and Conditions. (in word format). Alternatively, as we are a BT Hotspot guests who are BT Customers and able to access the internet via BT Fon or other open access can do so without using our WiFi service.
Terms and Conditions:
- IMPORTANT see Additional Covid-19 Terms and Conditions below our Standard Terms and conditions.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your booking for any reason we will endeavour to let the room to someone else. If we succeed in this we will refund any money you have paid to us (less any expenses incurred e.g.postage and handling if required). If we are unable to re-let your room we will hold you to the contract you have made with us and require payment in full. At our own discretion we may waive this requirement in exceptional circumstances. However, we recommend that you take out insurance to cover your losses which is normal practice in the hospitality business.
- All rooms are strictly non-smoking.
- No pets are allowed in the house.
- All prices based on per room per night & 2 people sharing, unless otherwise stated.
- Single occupancy: A discount is available as detailed in the Tariff.
- A Non-Refundable Deposit of 20% of the total cost is required to secure your booking. The balance must be paid on or before departure.
- In High Season and bank holiday weekends we may require a minimum stay of at least 2 nights.
- Check in time on the first day is between 5.00pm and 6.00pm. If you wish to arrive before 5.00pm or after 6.00pm this will need to be agreed with us in advance.
- Check out time is 10.00am.
- Bookings are taken on the understanding that you have read our access statement. Please view our access statement if you have not already done so.
- These additional terms and conditions apply immediately and will remain in force until further notice. They have priority over any standard conditions, policies, or advertised standards and services with which they may conflict. They also apply retrospectively to any bookings already accepted for accommodation that is to be provided during the period to which these terms and conditions apply.
- Those seeking to book accommodation must confirm that they are travelling in accordance with current UK and Welsh Government Covid-19 restrictions including those defined as ‘advisory’ and that they are not affected by a ‘local lockdown’ in the area where they live or work or subject to quarantine or self-isolation requirements.
- If you test positive for Covid-19, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, or if you develop symptoms of Covide-19, or if a ‘local lockdown’ is imposed on the area where you live or work, or if you become subject to quarantine or self-isolation requirements at any time prior to your arrival date you must inform us immediately. We may require you to cancel your booking if we believe your visit may adversely affect our own health or that of our other guests.
- If during your stay with us you develop symptoms of Covid-19 or test positive for Covid-19 or are made aware that you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive you must inform us immediately and you will be required to check out immediately.
- If within 2 weeks of your departure date you develop symptoms of Covid-19 or test positive for Covid-19 or are made aware that you have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive you must inform us immediately.
- Your personal data (name and contact details only) may be released to assist in ‘track and trace’ procedures.
- If we test positive for Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive or if we develop symptoms of Covide-19 or are required to self-isolate at any time prior to your arrival or during your stay we reserve the right to cancel your booking contract with immediate effect. We will attempt to give you notice prior to your arrival but you accept the booking on the understanding that this may not be possible.
- If for any reason Welsh or UK Government regulations require or advise us to impose further ‘Lock down’ conditions at any time prior to your arrival or during your stay we reserve the right to cancel your booking contract with immediate effect. We will attempt to give you notice prior to your arrival but you accept the booking on the understanding that this may not be possible.
- Guests use our accommodation entirely at their own risk. We will not accept liability for any infections acquired or transmitted during your stay with us or for any consequences thereof. We will attempt to mitigate the risk of transmission by any means we deem reasonable and this may mean that we cancel your booking or place restrictions on your use of our accommodation. The standards of service we offer from time to time may therefore have to be different from the normal service we offer and advertise. We will not accept any claims for refund or compensation for any reason arising from reduced standards of accommodation or service we impose under this provision.
- In each of above cases of we will refund any monies paid to us for periods of accommodation which are cancelled in accordance with the above terms and conditions. We will not accept any claims for refund or compensation for any reason arising from cancellation under these provisions.
- Guests have a duty of care for their own safety and that of others and must implement a regime of hygiene (e.g. frequent handwashing etc.) and appropriate social distancing to assist us in mitigating risk. Any guest we deem not to be complying with this requirement will be asked to leave. No refund of monies will apply in this case.
- Why do we collect personal information? We collect personal information to deliver our accommodation service to you safely, efficiently and in compliance with laws and regulations, and to improve our service by requesting feedback and reviews. We also collect personal information to respond to your enquiries; to carry out our obligations in providing the service, to fulfil our legal or regulatory responsibilities and to maintain and develop our relationship with you. We process personal information where we believe it is reasonably necessary or appropriate in order to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights. We may not be able to do some or all of these things without your personal data.
- What personal information do we gather? You provide information when you make a booking directly or through another website or booking agency, and when you register on arrival. You might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, email addresses, as well as information about any dietary requirements or special accommodation needs of you or other members of your party.
- Where we intend to use your personal data, we rely on the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract: We may need to collect and use your personal data to enter into a contract with you for providing accommodation.
- Legitimate interests: Where we consider use of your information as being (a) non-detrimental to you, (b) within your reasonable expectations, and (c) necessary for our own, or a third party’s legitimate purpose, we may use your personal data, which may include for our own direct marketing or continued communication; the prevention of fraud; our own internal administrative purposes; personalisation of the service(s) we provide to you and/or reporting possible criminal acts or threats to public security to a competent authority.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: We may be required to process your information due to legal requirements such as registration records.
- Consent: We will assume consent under the 'Soft Opt-in' exemption but only where we have obtained your details in the course of a sale or negotiations for the sale of a product or service; where any messages we send you are only marketing similar products or services; and we will offer you a simple opportunity to refuse marketing when your details are collected, and if you don't opt out at this point, we will give you a simple way to do so in future messages.
- Do we share information with third parties? We do not share information with third parties other than to assist you in making payments via Paypal who require your email address to request a payment; providing your bank account details to our bank, if you provide them to us in order to allow us to make an electronic payment of a refund; to law enforcement bodies or other government authorities where we are under a legal or regulatory obligation, or in order assist rescue or medical services in coming to your aid or protecting the safety of other guests.
- We do not sell information to third parties.
- How secure is information about me? We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your information by storing it in access-controlled premises or electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. However you should note that the transmission of information is never completely secure, and as such we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit which is done at your own risk. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you have finished using a shared computer. If you communicate with us using non-secure web platforms, you assume the risks.
- What information can I access and what rights do I have? You can contact us to update or correct your information if this changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate.You are entitled to request that we provide you with a copy of all information we store in relation to you. You can always choose not to provide information. If the information is necessary for providing our service safely and efficiently or to allow us to comply with legal or regulatory obligations then we cannot accept your booking or provide you with accommodation. If you do not want to receive e-mails or other mail from us, please inform us by opting out of the assumed 'Soft opt-in' exemption by email, on your registration card or by contacting us by telephone. You can request corrections and updates, the erasure of personal data and other information provided for within GDPR legislation by contacting us at the address/number shown on our website
- You also have the right to object to, or request the restriction of, our use of your personal data. You may submit a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office, details of which can be found at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us.
B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B B&B